Join the team!
Now Hiring for Market Director
About the Market:
The Sequim Farmers and Artisans Market (SFAM) is a vibrant and dynamic open-air market that operates every Saturday from May through October. Our mission is to cultivate a belonging space and a viable marketplace by responding to the needs of our community. We envision an interdependent local economy fueled by entrepreneurs who grow, gather, and create by hand. We see a successful market as a thriving and vibrant community commons that reflects our region.
The Market Director plays a critical role in providing leadership of the organization’s vision, values, and goals. As the organization’s primary head of staff and representative of the organization to the public, the Market Director provides day-to-day management of the organization and strategic direction of the market experience. Responsibilities including marketing, programming, staff management, fundraising, networking, and community building. This is a year-round position of 30 hours per week, and a hybrid, remote work environment.
- Build stakeholder relationships and communicate effectively with the Board of Directors, market staff, vendors, customers, and community members, groups, and organizations
- Act as spokesperson and public relations official for the organization
- Assist guests, vendors, and community representatives by providing market-related information, advocacy, conflict resolution, and general aid as appropriate
- Provide leadership for and oversight of SFAM’s policies and procedures, including compliance with local, state, and federal laws
- Curate a safe, efficient, and vibrant market experience for guests, staff, and stakeholders
- Develop and maintain programs that align with the organization’s mission and values, including initiatives and procedures related to food access and market currency
- Supervise staff and volunteers, including hiring, onboarding, training, and ongoing support
- Create and execute marketing and advertising plans, including managing social media, press releases, & media appearances
- Provide regular communication and manage documentation of market affairs (weekly check-ins, monthly reports, policy issues, incident reports, etc.) for the purpose of keeping the Board current in its understanding of the complete and functioning market
- Collaborate with Fundraising Committee to meet annual budgeted goals, including sponsor outreach, grants, and fundraising events.
- Maintain a presence on Market Day in a variety of weather conditions. Provide support and assistance to Operations staff as needed.
- Ability to work responsibly and independently without direct supervision under broad organizational guidelines. Must be able to work in a remote or co-working environment with computer and internet access.
- 2-3 years experience in management and organizational leadership experience. Familiarity and passion for non-profits, farmers markets, and food/agricultural systems preferred.
- Excellent communication, conflict resolution, research, listening, writing, and reading skills. The ideal candidate possesses a balance between analytical and emotional intelligence.
- Ability to meet deadlines and maintain a budget is required.
- Computer software skills including Google Suites, Quickbooks, and WordPress.
- Familiarity with marketing, social media, graphic design, or photography is a plus.
- Ability to work outside in a variety of weather conditions.
- Available to attend trainings, conferences, and meetings remote or in-person as needed.
30 hours/week @ $25/hour, year-round
● Annual wellness stipend (effective upon completing a successful probation period)
● Annual paid time off (effective upon completing a successful probation period)
To apply for the Market Director position at, please email your resume, a cover letter detailing your relevant experience, and three professional references to email@example.com. First review of resumes – December 1, 2023. Position open until filled.