May 16-Oct 31
City Hall Plaza
152 W. Cedar St.
Sequim, WA 98382
Modified Operations at Sequim Farmers & Artisans Market due to Covid-19
The Sequim Farmers & Artisans Market is open on Saturdays and runs from May through October at Sequim City Hall Plaza.
Under modified operations, market hours will be 9 am to 1 pm.
In its regular season, The Sequim Farmers & Artisans Market (SFAM) is known for an eclectic display of over 40 local vendors, a live music series, and a full calendar of events. As long as businesses are under stay-at-home/essentials-only COVID-19 restrictions, SFAM opened on Saturday, May 16th under a highly modified operations model, in order to safely serve the needs of our Sequim community during this crisis period.
Farmers markets are included in the Governor’s “list of “Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers”. Modified operations will include only vendors whose businesses are deemed “essential” by the state of Washington.
The SFAM provides a venue for our community to purchase locally grown, nutritious food as well as locally crafted product. Shopping at the market ensures you are buying directly from the source, from the farmers and makers you know and trust. It is important to keep SFAM robust and viable in order to maintain this low-overhead marketplace for the health of Sequim’s small business community, now and in the future.
Operating during this health crisis is not business as usual. SFAM is committed to providing a safe, open-air marketplace by abiding by the most up-to-date guidelines issued by the CDC, Washington State Executive, Department of Health, and local jurisdictions. The market is taking strict safety precautions.
SFAM staff will:
- Provide hand sanitizer for customers and vendors
- Regularly disinfect all “high-touch” surfaces
- Operate within a modified layout with one-way foot traffic procedures with
space between vendor booths of at least 6 feet.
- Provide a thorough health questionnaire to all staff and vendors to ensure
that no person is demonstrating the following symptoms: Fever (100.4°F or
higher), cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, or muscle aches
SFAM vendors will:
- Limit the sale of food to whole produce and pre-packaged food items
- Ensure all ready-to-eat foods are packaged for home consumption only
- Provide a barrier such as a face covering or plexiglass partition, have
gloves at their booth, and sanitize hands
between food handling and payment transactions
SFAM customers are asked to:
- Send only one person per household to the market, when possible
- Leave pets at home when possible
- Wash or sanitize hands before entering the farmers market
- Wear a cloth face covering to reduce the release of infectious particles into the air
- Maintain a physical distance of 6 feet from other shoppers
- Avoid touching any products pre-purchase and allow vendors to select and bag products once purchased
- Avoid the consumption of food on market premises
- Bag own items when using reusable bags, wash reusable bags prior to shopping
- Assist neighbors unable to attend the market in making purchases and maintain appropriate social distance upon delivery
- Avoid the market when demonstrating any of the following symptoms: Fever (100.4°F or higher), cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, or muscle aches
As restrictions are lifted, SFAM will adjust its operating procedures each Saturday according to the most current health-and-safety requirements.
One of the Finest Farmers and Artisans Markets on the Olympic Peninsula
The Sequim outdoor market is open every Saturday May-Sept, 9am – 1pm, at the Sequim City Hall Plaza.
We invite you, your family and your friends to visit our one-of-a-kind marketplace and bring home goodies, tasty treats and wonderfully handmade gifts.
Opening Day of the 2020 Market Season
Opening Day of the Market at The Sequim City Hall and Community Plaza was Saturday May 16 from 9am-1pm.
The Community Plaza is located at: Sequim Ave and Cedar Street.
A word from one of our guest
Join Our Newsletter
Join our newsletter to receive the latest news and information about the weekly Saturday activities at the Market including Kids Day, Senior Day, our Summer Music Series and more...